Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Berkeley County School District: Greater Charleston, SC Area
Bachelor’s degree or higher; Initial or Professional certificate from South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE); VI Endorsement by meeting required components and completing required coursework as indicated by the SCDE; Education and experience as required by state certification authorities.
- Under general supervision, assists in ensuring that the district Vision, Mission and Goals are achieved and delivers “corrective and supportive services as are required to assist a child with a disability to benefit from special education…” [IDEA, Section 300.24(a)].
- Develops and/or implements educational plans, procedures, and assesses student progress.
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures and activities of the school district which pertain to the specific duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge in the methods for developing lesson plans and materials, and classroom activities which stimulate learning.
- Knowledge of the records, forms and reports which must be prepared and maintained.
- Knowledge of proper maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies used in daily activities.
- Knowledge of counseling methods necessary for handling student academic and adjustment problems.
- Knowledge of the materials and information which must be prepared for classroom instructional activities.
- Ability to provide instruction to students through explanation, demonstration, and/or supervised practice.
- Ability to supervise students and maintain order in various classroom and instructional activities and situations.
- Ability to operate general office equipment in the performance of daily activities.
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, tests, and instructional materials for classroom activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and their parents, district staff, and all other groups involved in the activities of the job.
Commensurate with experience as indicated on website posted Teacher Salary Schedule
109 E Main Street
Moncks Corner, SC United States 29461
Job Posting Expires April 6, 2021