Teacher of Blind/Visually Impaired (TBVI) Birth-22
- Eligible for MSDE teacher certification for Visually Impaired
- Experience with and/or formal training in working with Blind/Low Vision/Visually Impaired students.
- Ability to work with Blind/Low Vision/ Visually impaired students, their teachers, and support network.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills with students, staff, and families.
- Understanding of the goals of Washington County Public Schools and a commitment to their achievement.
- Understanding of the teaching/learning/assessment process.
- Knowledge of materials in field of specialization.
- Knowledge and use of technology for instruction of students with visual impairments.
- Excellent oral and written communications and human relations skills.
- Knowledge of current research and its application in field of specialization.
- Regular, on-time, and predictable attendance which is an essential function of this position.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodations.
- Ability to read and teach in Braille.
- Experience with Blind/Low Vision/Visually Impaired students.
- Advanced Degree in Special Education with Visual Impairment endorsement.
- Understanding of the teaching/learning/assessment process for students with visual impairments.
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of Related Services or Building Principal, the Teacher of the Blind/Visually Impaired (TBVI) develops and implements a comprehensive program to meet the needs of blind, low vision, and visually impaired children between B-22 years old within the WCPS. The TBVI will function as an integral part of WCPS Vision Services staff and the Department of Special Education. The role of the Teacher of the Blind/Visually Impaired within Washington County Public Schools (WCPS) is to provide direct and in-direct instructional services and supports for students, staff, and families who may be a part of or aligned closely with the Blind/Low Vision/Visually Impaired community.
10435 Downsville Pike
Hagerstown, MD United States 21740
Job Posting Expires 3.4.2021