Teacher of the Visually Impaired
- Requires Oregon licensure as a Teacher of Visually Impaired.
- Oregon Driver’s License.
- Automobile insurance that meets requirements set by NW Regional ESD.
- Ability to travel by car within the geographic area served by the NW Regional Program
- Initiate and direct local school district staff in the identification of students who have visual impairments.
- Perform functional vision assessments for students with visual impairments.
- Work with local educational staff in developing individual education programs for students with visual impairments.
- Interpret to classroom teachers and staff the special needs of students with visual impairments.
- Select, design, and/or modify specialized curriculum for students with visual impairments to be used in the school and the home.
- Design and implement individual programs based on diagnostic criteria and observations.
- Confer with parents and professional staff members regarding concerns relating to students with visual impairments.
- Provide equipment, materials and instruction in compensatory skills for students with visual impairments.
- Counsel students with visual impairments and their parents on educational and vocational planning and social adjustments.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Posting expires January 4, 2020