Teacher of the Visually Impaired or TVI/COMS
South Burlington, VT
Bachelor's or Master's Degree as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired.
While living in a beautiful state with a great, supportive group of TVI's, you will work as an itinerant, full-time, TVI responsible for vision assessments, braille instruction, assistive technology, consultation to schools, families and other service providers. You will provide direct instruction in the areas of the expanded core curriculum and in other skills related to working with children from birth through high school population with and without additional disabilities. For those who are dually certified as a TVI/COMS this would also include O&M lessons to children.
- $1,000 in moving expenses with receipts
- $2,000 bonus for staying through the second year
- $1,000 bonus for staying through the third year
- $450 annually toward professional development opportunities
- $175 annually toward professional dues
- Office space
- Laptop, iPad and printer are provided
- Mileage reimbursement
- Secretarial support
- Mentoring from peers and Director knowledgeable about blindness
- BC/BS, dental and other benefits.
- Drivers provided for employees with visual impairments.
- Possibility of being paid during student teaching practicum will be considered.
Dependent on experience
Job Posting expires 9/12//2019