Strategies & Activities for Students with Severe & Profound Disabilities (SIDPID)
This presentation provides instructional and communication strategies for working with students with severe and profound disabilities (SIDPID) who are functioning between a birth to two-year-old level. It also provides suggestions for setting up sensory environments and creating adapted materials, so the student has activities to interact with no matter what position or area of the room they are in. I share lightbox activities and how to use iPads and computers as instructional tools. Finally, I share functional literacy activities that embed sensory experiences that you can create with your students. The activities are appropriate for the classroom but can also be used during distance learning. This presentation is packed full of activities you can begin using immediately with your students!
- Instructional & communication strategies for teaching SIDPID
- How to create sensory stations and active learning spaces for students
- Adapted materials for students with severe and profound disabilities
- Lightbox activities for students
- Using iPads as instructional tools
- Using computers as instructional tools
- Functional literacy activities
- Recorded Video Presentation
- Presentation handout for note taking
Request a Certificate of Completion
To receive a certificate of completion for 1 contact hour, complete the short survey on Google Forms. If you have any accessibility issues with the form, please don't hesitate to let me know and we can make other arrangements.
Presentations are recorded PowerPoint presentations in an MP4 file. Please note that the presentation pages are closed member pages available to individuals who have purchase access to the presentation.