- Recorded Presentations
- Strategies & Activities for Students with Mild to Moderate Disabilities (MIMO) Recorded Presentation
Strategies & Activities for Students with Mild to Moderate Disabilities (MIMO) Recorded Presentation
In this presentation I discuss instructional strategies I find helpful when working with students with mild to moderate (MIMO) disabilities in addition to visual impairments as well as tips for dealing with challenging behaviors. The majority of the presentation will provide instructional activities and I share my favorite activities that I use with my students. Most of the activities can be found in my book a TVI’s Guide to Teaching the ECC or in the grab and go supplemental resources. It is common for students with mild to moderate delays in addition to visual impairments or blindness to need to spend longer working on concepts and skills, I’ll share how I keep activities fresh so the student doesn’t get bored and it keeps me from getting bored too. This presentation is packed full of activities you can begin using immediately with your students!
- Instructional strategies for working with students with MIMO
- Strategies for working with challenging behaviors
- Concept development activities
- Auditory efficiency activities
- Foundational literacy activities
- Visual efficiency activities
- O&M concept support activities
- Recorded Video Presentation
- Presentation handout for note taking
Request a Certificate of Completion
To receive a certificate of completion for 1 contact hour, complete the short survey on Google Forms. If you have any accessibility issues with the form, please don't hesitate to let me know and we can make other arrangements.
Presentations are recorded PowerPoint presentations in an MP4 file. Please note that the presentation pages are closed member pages available to individuals who have purchase access to the presentation.