- Recorded Presentations
- Determining Service Intensity Using the VISSIT Recorded Presentation
Determining Service Intensity Using the VISSIT Recorded Presentation
As vision professionals working in an itinerant service delivery model, we must recommend the type and amount of service for each student. Although other scales exist, the VISSIT is my favorite tool for determining service intensity. The Visual Impairment Scale of Service Intensity of Texas (VISSIT) will help you determine the type and amount of service to recommend for each individual student based on student need in all areas of the expanded core curriculum. This presentation provides an overview of the scale and demonstrates its use through several walk-through demonstrations and the thought process of completing it.
- Identify the purpose of a service intensity tool.
- demonstrate how the VISSIT can be used to recommend type and amount of service for all students with visual impairments.
- Provide hands on guidance in completing the VISSIT to prepare vision professionals to confidently complete it with students on their caseload
- Recorded PowerPoint Show
- Presentation handout
- Printables & Links to Resources discussed in presentation
Request a Certificate of Completion
To receive a certificate of completion for 1 contact hour, complete the short "Determining Service Intensity Using the VISSIT" quiz on Google Forms and receive a score of at least 80%. Don't worry. If you don't pass, you can look over your notes or re-watch the presentation and retake the test! If you have any accessibility issues with the form, please don't hesitate to let me know and we can make other arrangements.
Presentations are recorded PowerPoint presentations. You must be able to access PowerPoint to view the PowerPoint presentation. Please note that the presentationpages are closed member pages available to individuals who have purchase access to the presentation.
*Please contact me if you need to purchase using a purchase order. I am happy to help guide you in the process of adding Teaching Students with Visual Impairments as an approved vendor for your school or program or you can visit the product support page for information on using a PO.